Saturday, January 15, 2005

feis season 'ohfive...BRING IT OOON !!!

okkay, so it was probably erin's new arm crew quote that set me off and sent me thinking...

> a good dancer has the posture that can say,
"i have presence, and you are dirt."
especially when they forget to smile.

and now, ladies and gents, here is my own rambling version:

I want what comes with the last award standing;
For all the eyes in a room full of envy
to be fixed upon me,
I want to be loathed with their stare,
and hated with a passion that will make them
mutter threatening open promises to themselves
in the backseat on the way home,
and make them dance in practice with an aggression
and force that comes only with the note
of true jealousy, and the sting of knowing that
YOU LOST TO ME.

I want their spilled, broken dreams in the palm of my left hand,
and the tears from shattered hopeful eyes, brought on by me
in my right..

I want the pride, and the honor
of holding a first that declares:
I AM THE CHAMPION, and NO ONE COMES BEFORE ME.
The recognition that comes
even without an actual solid trophy, the label that becomes
plastered on your chest, and slandered across your face.

It is inscribed, beyond a shadow of a doubt,
your place amongst the other less-worthies,
and it is a banner that makes them scream internally:
"oooh, she's a GOOD ONE, she is...THAT'S the one to BEAT."

I want to be able to pretend than i am better
than the dirt they are, to pretend to look down on them
in my victorious glory.

I want to witness the hushed utterings of people whom
as you pass them by, stop, and stare at you
when you're facing them walking down the hall,
and continually do so when only your back is visible.
They turn and whisper behind it, as if it is a sheild
with the amazing ability to block sound from traveling,
and thus, as if you would not realize they were all talking about you.
I want to be able to walk down that hall
with an eminating confidence that spreads throughout the masses,
that shows through a direct, athletic step in a methodic rhythm that says,
"I don't care, nor give two shits",
the successful walk that exemplifies the one
of failed attempts of the others;
With shoulders lie low, and chin held high
With taught jaw and clenched teeth
With a mouth small, tight, precise
Nose in opposite proximity to the ground,
and with eyes wide with an intense stare
that could knock down anyone, anywhere -
eyes that you better believe could look but once upon you
and proclaim their sheer superiority.

I want what comes with victory.

I want what comes with the win.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home